Question Which non-prescription medicines can be used to make a psychoactive drug?

juu

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
Hello! It is known that methamphetamine can be made from pseudoephedrine, I was wondering what other over-the-counter medicines/non-prescription drugs can be used recreationally, or to make psychoactive compounds.
Thank you

HIGGS BOSSON

Expert
Reaction score
In developed countries, drugs with psychoactive effects or precursors are dispensed by prescription. These can be codeine cough syrups, methylphenidate (ritalin), drugs containing ergotamine, adderall, xanax, lyrica and many others.

juu

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
what about non-prescription?

Osmosis Vanderwaal

Moderator in US section
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score
Deals
I've previously posted a synthesis of cocaine and some analogs from D-ribose, but even I'm skeptical. There is a patent though

Reactions: juu

Field7

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Why even look at otc drugs? Synthetic almond oil contains benzaldehyde. Synthetic Vanilla flavoring contains Vanillin. Benzaldehyde could yield amphetamine or methamphetamine. Vanillin could ultimately yield Mescaline. Black pepper has piperine in it. Piperine can yield Piperonal. Piperonal can yield MDMA or MDA. Nutmeg has all kinds of good stuff in it. The list goes on, and on, and on. For a while. But it would be a lot of work, and would not be cost effective. You're surrounded by precursors and catalysts every day. ... palladium in the catalytic converter of your car... aluminum foil in your kitchen... an education in basic chemistry, and drug chemistry, will really open your eyes to the theoretical possibilities that surround you (most not cost effective).

juu

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
just particularly interested in otcs

Last edited:

Field7

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Dextromethorphan. You're pretty limited, then, unless you start looking at supplements like L-tryptophan. There's nothing that I'd say could be used in a cost effective, practical manner, though. I could see doing it for the novelty if I didn't have actual work to do, but that's it. I'd look to nature before I'd look to OTC drugs as precursors. Nature is generous. The FDA? Not so much.

Reactions: juu

marekzmarek

Buying through escrow
New seller
Language
🇬🇧
Reaction score
Deals
Brother u dont need prescription for drugs 😁 just ask 😉

Osmosis Vanderwaal

Moderator in US section
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score
Deals
I don't know why you aren't Dr. Feelgood, but I guess that song wasn't popular outside of the united states