Phenylacetone (P2P) synthesis from benzaldehyde with butanone

Osmosis Vanderwaal

Moderator in US section
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score
Deals
That's some seriously red stuff. Usually the red to me is an abundance of hcl, but maybe not in this case, idk. I've found that 4:1, hcl(l) :H²SO⁴ is the equimolor amount, that uses up all of the sulfuric. Certainly 3:1 will still be gassing. Didnyou have a drying tube online with your gas?

handle

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
no drying tube on first attempt. will add the HCl acid directly to it next time.

View previous replies…

Osmosis Vanderwaal

Moderator in US section
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score
Deals
You could be right.mwhen I was look ing for my method, I discounted it because distilling the benzl alcohol out of paint thinner was the most viable method of obtaining Benz. Alc ( the chemical companies sell it but theynprerequisite want to know too much about what you are doing with something) but I noticed recently its on Amazon, so I can just click buy and there are no questions

handle

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
Yeah, its strange how countries regulate chemicals.. 1 different 1 from each country. 🤔

Osmosis Vanderwaal

Moderator in US section
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score
Deals
It's not controlled, but filling out the Sima Eldredge work sheet is daunting. WHAT college or professional licensed business are you representing what the business tax ID? What do you plan to use it for? No thanks