american gopnik

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
I’m sorry but that message makes no sense

ItsMee

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
I found this paper aswell, and it looks very promising. Sounds like this route is verified by forensic chemists. But i never heard of some real life results. Hoped this procedure could help to become independent of P2NP Fe/HCl or nitroethane in general.
Anyone had success with this?

Raz

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Here is a link to the full Part 1 paper. It's a little annoying since each page needs to be unlocked by waiting out the 10second ad count down or signing up. I did notice on my smartphone once the page locks accidentally appeared in between each page. So a smartphone may provide a way to view without waiting 10 seconds for each page. But keep in mind there is a Part 2

ItsMee

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
american gopnik attached this paper. but an easy way to get access to research papers is sci-hub.wf, most of you should know.
just copy paste the DOI number of the article and the pdf should open.
like this link here. https://sci-hub.wf/10.1016/j.forsciint.2016.03.034

If this would work like in the paper, you can expect ca. 75g P2P from 100g of benzaldehyde.
MEK is dirt cheap, and i think you can distill the 6-10x molar excess that you use after the reaction out and reuse in the next batch aswell. Everything but benzaldehyde is OTC, what i liked most.

waltjr5858

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
Anyone notice on each of the earlier steps the forensic guys are tossing in some benzaldehyde on not only the first condensation reaction but others also further down the list? Any write-up I have found on this reaction that is not from professionals never includes benzaldehyde in multiple steps but the yield is also much lower. The forensic guys got much better yields it looks like. I'm guessing by following that forensic paper to the T the yields would be much better even though you're burning through some benzaldehyde.