Question Ab extraction or separation and purification

browsing123

Don't buy from me
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
Using a few cups as mixing apparatuses and acetone lemon ammonia yellow bottle of heet muriatic acid water and coffee filters. In this instance epsom salt will be separated and cleaned the first step I know is half water half lemon ammonia then add three drops of acid. The next step in another cup I believe is half lemon ammonia half acetone add three drops of acid in another cup add half acid half acetone then add three drops of acid. I know the first step is correct but I can remember the right steps in the process I know it involved 7 different mixing cups and a shot glass of and bake the Epsom salt until white then grind them up into powder and mix in the first solution. After a few mixes you mix everything together in one cup and you should barely be able to see two layers one on top of the other you pour in some of the yellow bottle of heet and the two layers mix together and you see little snowflake like particles floating in the solution you can heat the solution till you see a yellow oil form and collect it with the stir rod or you can not heat the solution and wait a few hours and you will see little round white spheres form and you filter them out using a coffee filter then pour in a little muriatic acid and you now clean and wax free Epsom salt recrystallizes. Do you know the missing steps in this reaction by chance? I can put the scientif names for ingredients if you don't understand my writing also if you need a little more details I can try to remember the steps a little more I lost my diagram I used the time I did this separation purification. And please excuse my Grammer and spelling

Osmosis Vanderwaal

Moderator in US section
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score
Deals
You are purifying magnesium sulfate from Epsom salt? We don't need no code words and shit because everybody knows the damn code words

browsing123

Don't buy from me
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
Yes that is what I am trying to do. But with cups instead of seperatory funnel

browsing123

Don't buy from me
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
Dam nobody has the knowledge to do this I thought for sure someone would know lol

Osmosis Vanderwaal

Moderator in US section
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score
Deals
No one understands why because commercial Epsom salt is pretty damn pure and mostly people use it for a drying agent, so it doesn't need to be that clean. With cups instead of a seperatory funnel just means decanting, and a pipette or syringe can get the last bit. OK, so ms is soluble in water, so we'll start there, now we need a nonpolar sol..whatever you are trying to do, there must be a better way

browsing123

Don't buy from me
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
Just separate the wax out to make clean Epsom salt. And the only things you need are what I posted. Maybe someone else would know I guess