Question 3D printing pill press punch dies

fosties

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
I'm looking for a very long time for a good resource for pill punch dies.
I know Alibaba etc got them but the import to Europe and customs are my problem.

My plan was to print just the tip with the logo on one or maybe two sides of the punch dies.

I already got dies without logo, so if there is a material which 3d printable and robust enough for a few docents of prints, it would be enough.
Because of the size/price of the print, changing a logo tip after a few presses won't be a problem.

Has anybody experience with 3d printers and could tell me if that idea could work?

Beeing able to produce a pill press with legal/available parts and a 3d printer would be a cool idea, which goes with the spirit of this forum!

Eddybeaumont

Don't buy from me
Language
🇫🇷
Reaction score
Bonjour, quelle machine as tu ? J’ai quelques matrice que je peux te vendre, ou si tu peux m’aider dans ma démarche pour synthétiser mdma je t’en offre

The-Hive

Moderator in UK section
Resident
Reaction score
Deals
None yet figuring out which 3-D cnc/mill machine would be cheaper to made small detail pill stamps

what do you need help with in the synth..!

View previous replies…

Osmosis Vanderwaal

Moderator in US section
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score
Deals
A wolf-kitchner ( spelling is bad) will knock that beta-ketone right off there making bk-mdma into mdma

Osmosis Vanderwaal

Moderator in US section
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score
Deals
I went to school for and worked as a cnc mill operator and I'm looking at the Proxxon mf-70 at $500 for Christmas, the stepper motor set up for it is $54. the next thing up that I see is $1000+

Last edited:

HIGGS BOSSON

Expert
Reaction score
A tablet press should be made of metal because it needs strong parts to print and a lot of force to form a tablet. The smallest presses weigh from 100 kg. I don't think that you can make such a device on a home 3D printer from plastic. If you really need to print a small number of tablets, then the best solution is an encapsulator. Or you can buy a tablet press from China. Or according to the drawings, make a press on a CNC milling machine.

r4In3r

Don't buy from me
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
I would only print the parts that have the design on it. So just the dies and keep them as flat as possible. The rest shopuld be metal.

I was interested if this is feasable and test-printed some dies. They are working perfectly. I printed them using a 0.2mm nozzle on an fdm-printer. I think, for like testing out designs or low-quantity, these are perfect.

fosties

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
Wow that sounds great!!
My plan was exactly the same, did you print the whole stamp which is clamped into the press?

Could u please show us a few pictures?

That would be super interesting, because I own a pill press without stamps, so this would be a total game changer for me to finally get it to working again!!!