Question BMK CAS 718-08-01 conversion to P2P???

skanderbeg

Buying through escrow
New seller
Language
🇬🇧
Reaction score
Has anyone tried this new BMK salt and what conversion route to P2P did they use? It's basically everywhere now every new bmk ad I see uses this CAS.

Osmosis Vanderwaal

Moderator in US section
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score
Deals
No one has responded so I'll bump your post with this. How do you do it? I could probably figure it out in a day, but a chemist would look at it and know instantly. Youneed to lose 2 carbons 2 oxygens replace 2 double bonds and swap an O for an amine
RTxzW0u3eG

OrgUnikum

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇬🇧
Reaction score

CAS 718-08-01​

3-OXO-4-PHENYL-BUTYRIC ACID ETHYL ESTER​

Saponify with base and then decarboxylate the acid? Looks like the identical process to the old PMK is advised.

In your picture you show a magic BMK to amphetamine conversion which does not exist. You first make P2P and then the Amine. Two steps at least.

View previous replies…

Osmosis Vanderwaal

Moderator in US section
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score
Deals
Yeah, I'm no chemist but I could see that you couldn't get there in 1 step for sure that would be a hell of a chain reaction. Hey, look what happened though, I posted some drawings and along you came and stuck some puzzle pieces in. I speak for many of us when I say we appreciate your comments and insights 😘

Ihml

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇬🇧
Reaction score
BMK (benzyl methyl ketone) is the same compound as P2P (1-phenyl-2-propanone), just different names.

Also, it’s P2P —> formyl derivative —> amine, not amine directly.

OrgUnikum

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇬🇧
Reaction score
This is a colourless to light yellow oil. If what you got is a solid it is not the original compound. Possibly it is already saponified. Put some in water and check the ph. If it is blue to litmus paper then it is exactly this and you can throw it in a lot of cold water and directly add acid (any mineral acid, phosphoric, HCl...) until ph = 1 and then slowly heat up until bubbles appear (CO2 split off, the decarboxylation) and hold at this temp until no more bubbles, done. Stirring stirring stirring. Important.

loadingST

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇧🇬
Reaction score
So you guys yhink this can form salt with naoh like glycidates and then hydrolised with acid, i think direct hydrolisation will work ? I wait to get a sample of this product will test out asap

OrgUnikum

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇬🇧
Reaction score
Funny is, neither here nor with glycidic acid derivates is a hydrolysis involved. We have saponification whats de-esterification of an acid which is coverted into its salt in the process, and yes you genius acids form salts with bases and so will buturic acid form one with sodium! We have decrboxylation, say destruction of the organic acid and with glycidates there is an re-arrangement of an epoxide. But absolutely nowhere is a hydrolysis.
But the stuff is already illegal in China and will soon be gone.

View previous replies…

G.Patton

Expert
Solutions
Reaction score
Deals
This substance isn't banned CAS 718-08-01

loadingST

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇧🇬
Reaction score
Yea i dont used the true word cuz the procedure as you desribed is so stupid straightforward xd and 718 is new and i have different info are you shure it need to have be reacted with naoh before decarboxylation ?

skanderbeg

Buying through escrow
New seller
Language
🇬🇧
Reaction score
It's not banned in China it's everywhere and that other CAS 10250-27-8 both of them are everywhere now.

skanderbeg

Buying through escrow
New seller
Language
🇬🇧
Reaction score
I'm going to order a kg and update these days.

Osmosis Vanderwaal

Moderator in US section
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score
Deals
Yeah, I'm no chemist but I could see that you couldn't get there in 1 step for sure that would be a hell of a chain reaction. Hey, look what happened though, I posted some drawings and along you came and stuck some puzzle pieces in. I speak for many of us when I say we appreciate your comments and insights 😘 ( my love letter to @OrgUnikum)