Question Problem with syrup dilution mix seperating

quickquestion123

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
Hey there

Apologies for the slightly dumb question this is nowhere near the cool chemisty stuff thats discussed on here, also apologies if its in wrong section, couldnt decide if it goes here, opiates, cooking Q&A etc so pls tell me to move if wrong but here is the problem.

Ive been developing my own homebrew lean recipe for some time (not complicated I know) but ive been trying to get it as close to the real thing as possible. I get codeine and promethazine pills, and try and dilute them in as little water as possible. Once mixed properly with magnetic stirrer, i mix into high fructose syrup (or simple syrup I make on my own stove if i am out) and a tiny tiny bit of alcohol to preserve it (sometimes). I then add all colorings and flavorings etc and mix very very thoroughly by hand as my magnetic stirrer cant handle the viscosity of the syrup. However... the problem is I only tend to enjoy drinking small amounts as I find a lot makes me too lazy so I usually end up making 8floz and stretching it and when I leave it for a few days, i notice the milky white water with everything dissolved in it, seperates onto the top of the syrup (i assume because of the different densities). How do I stop this happening? It sucks and I dont know anything about what im doing really, dont want to overdose and i dont want to have to remix every time. Pls can someone give me some pointers? Thanks everyone!

Osmosis Vanderwaal

Moderator in US section
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score
Deals
I've put 0 effort into research, but the first obvious thought is don't add the water, instead use ethanol. Then there's no water to seperate and you are adding alcohol as a preservative anyway. Jsu add it to the crushed pills instead of adding it later