Meth roken - Schadebeperking?

amphmnamii

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇬🇧
Reaction score
Het roken van meth is erg vermakelijk voor mij en veel mensen over de hele wereld. Maar meth heeft hitte nodig om te verdampen (~170°C afhankelijk van de structuur en zuiverheid van meth) en mensen verbranden het meestal te veel. Dan beginnen meth-moleculen te ontbinden en worden ze meestal zwart.

Mijn vraag is wat dit residu van meth is, en hoe ik het inhaleren van giftige stoffen uit een glazen pijp kan voorkomen.

Ik heb geprobeerd het op een lagere temperatuur te branden en ik heb geprobeerd het oppervlak van gesmolten meth te verspreiden, maar dat is helemaal niet effectief.

Iemand een idee?

Osmosis Vanderwaal

Moderator in US section
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score
Deals
Het hangt af van hoe het is gemaakt, WHT-route en ook temperaturen en excessen. Dit document legt het heel goed uit. De beste manier om ze te vermijden is om een kwaliteitsproduct te kopen. Meth zou niet lang zwart moeten worden. Eigenlijk nooit, tenzij je het knapperig verbrandt. Het klinkt alsof je geen methanor krijgt, maar zwaar vervuilde meth. Heb je een foto?

amphmnamii

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇬🇧
Reaction score
Dat gebeurt zelfs als ik crystal meth heb. Pic heb ik nu niet, ik heb mijn laatste pijp weggegooid.

Paracelsus

Addictionist
Reaction score
When methamphetamine is exposed to temperatures much higher than its vaporization point, its molecules begin to degrade through pyrolysis (chemical breakdown due to heat). This breakdown can form various toxic compounds. The black residue you see is likely a mix of burned meth and these toxic chemicals, which can cause damage to the lungs and other tissues when inhaled.

While no method of using meth is completely safe, here are a few approaches that might help reduce the risk of inhaling harmful byproducts:

1. Lower, More Controlled Heating: You’ve already tried lower temperatures, which is a good step. The key here is to aim for steady, even heating of the pipe to avoid burning the meth. Using a butane torch with a soft flame (instead of direct high heat) can help control the temperature more effectively. The goal is to heat just enough to vaporize the meth, not scorch it.

2. Spreading the Meth Thinly: Spreading meth out more thinly across the pipe surface can help expose more of the substance to lower heat, allowing for better vaporization. However, as you noticed, it doesn't always work well. One way to improve this is to tilt and rotate the pipe gently during heating, ensuring that the meth doesn't pool and overheat in one spot.

3. Cooling the Vapor: Consider using longer glass pipes or rigs that allow the vapor to cool slightly before inhalation. Hot vapor can cause more irritation to the lungs and can potentially carry more impurities. Longer pipes give the vapor time to condense slightly, allowing larger toxic particles to settle inside the pipe rather than being inhaled.

4. Frequent Pipe Cleaning: Regularly clean your glass pipe to remove any residue buildup. Not only can residue from previous sessions affect the flavor, but it also can contribute to the release of harmful chemicals when reheated. Use a proper glass-cleaning method, such as isopropyl alcohol and salt, to dissolve residues and prevent re-inhalation of burned materials.

5. Inhalation Techniques: Taking slower, smaller hits can also reduce the amount of vapor being inhaled in one go, lowering the irritation and potential exposure to harmful byproducts.

It's important to recognize that even with harm reduction methods, meth carries significant risks to both physical and mental health. Smoking meth can lead to lung damage (sometimes called "meth lung" or pneumonitis), severe addiction, cardiovascular stress, cognitive impairments, and mental health disorders like anxiety, paranoia, and psychosis.

amphmnamii

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇬🇧
Reaction score
Bedankt voor uw nauwkeurige antwoord. Ik hoopte dat u zou reageren.

Osmosis Vanderwaal

Moderator in US section
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score
Deals
Sounds like a job for my pid and coil e-dab rig

amphmnamii

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇬🇧