Which drug is best for sleep

RandomViewer

Don't buy from me
Language
🇮🇹
Reaction score
For days now I haven't been able to sleep more than two hours and I already wake up, do you think ketamine would help, and how should I take it?
I've already ordered some Xanax from a seller on here and I'm also willing to buy from other sellers who will get back to me. Grezie.
P.S. First I have to load some money in my wallet and I'm ready to buy.

Carlz

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
Ketamine is just a pain reliever and an anesthetic, while alprazolam is a sedative, relaxant, and sleep aid.

The-Hive

Moderator in UK section
Resident
Reaction score
Deals
Zopiclone 👌

Amfetamin

Don't buy from me
Language
🇬🇧
Reaction score
Definetly zopiclone!
I had it for years, 15mg a night most of the time but a few months I had a good doctor who gave me 22.5mg a night, and it is the only sleeping aid that never stopped working for me throughout the years. And I always got a small muscarinic buzz, so to speak. Which made me calm enough to sleep.

I'm now talking about periods with no, or little, drugs. So this is maybe not super scientific but I know they work daily for a few months at least and that's not something I can't say about any of the bensodiazepines if you don't increase your dose

prophet

See my products
Seller
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
Deals
xanax is helpful in the short term but you will quickly build a tolerance and it will not work forever if it works for you initially. Ambien is the same way. I alternate or mix the two at times.. I dont sleep well and even doing that often dont do the trick but it is the best I have found so far. Again, same thing every night will stop working after a while. Find at least 2 things that work for you and alternate them, maybe 1 for a week then use the other for a week just make sure its not the same class like 2 benzos, xanax and valium for example..... The xanax will likely help you for a while but if you dont find that second thing to alternate with your be right back were you are only with a *****ed up benzo habit which sucks ass cause those withdrawels are not cool.

Paracelsus

Addictionist
Reaction score
Ketamine is sometimes used in clinical settings for treatment-resistant depression, but it is not typically prescribed as a sleep aid. It is a dissociative anesthetic, and while it has some off-label use for mental health conditions (under strict medical supervision), it can cause a range of side effects if used inappropriately, such as distorted perceptions and dissociation, agitation and confusion, and even worsened insomnia if the effects wear off too quickly or disrupt normal sleep architecture.

Xanax is a benzodiazepine, often prescribed for anxiety or panic disorders, but it is not ideal for long-term sleep management due to:
high addiction potential, tolerance and severe withdrawal, and sedative side effects - while it may help you fall asleep initially, Xanax can disrupt the natural sleep cycle, especially the deep, restorative stages of sleep.

Since you’ve been struggling with severe insomnia for a few days, it would be important to see a healthcare provider to identify potential underlying causes and get proper treatment. Insomnia can be related to anxiety, depression, stress, poor sleep hygiene, or even underlying medical conditions.

In the meantime, some safer alternatives that might help include:
  • Non-benzodiazepine sleep aids: Zolpidem (Ambien), Eszopiclone (Lunesta), or Zaleplon (Sonata).
  • Diphenhydramine (Benadryl, Unisom SleepGels): This is an antihistamine with sedative effects.25-50 mg at bedtime. Can cause drowsiness the next day ("hangover" effect) and tolerance if used long-term.
  • Melatonin supplements: A natural hormone that regulates sleep-wake cycles. It’s generally safe when used short-term.
  • Herbal Supplements: Valerian root, Chamomile, etc.
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Insomnia (CBT-I): This is a highly effective, non-drug approach to treating insomnia that helps change the thought patterns and behaviors contributing to sleep issues.
  • Sleep hygiene: Establish a regular sleep schedule, limit screen time before bed, and create a calming bedtime routine.

prophet

See my products
Seller
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
Deals
Something I would add to what Paracelsus listed, something I find helpful because my ambien stops working affectively over time, and for some people odd things like sleep walking, driving, shopping, among other things can occur at larger doses, some folks at any dose, is drinking some Montmorency tart cherry juice, I buy the brand Indian Summer as it is only part concentrate, some brands are 100% concentrate and you have to find the right mixture. Why Montmorency cherry juice?

Montmorency tart cherry juice tastes great and it also has naturally occuring melatonin in it, (roughly.013 mg per gram) and it also has tryptophan, you know that stuff that is in turkey that everyone always says makes them sleepy, tryptophan is used by our body to make both Seratonin and melatonin. Perhaps it is in my head but I feel it helps me, although melatonin itself does not, and I use it when I make cannabis gummies which I think also helps with sleep. A word of caution, however, Watch out for cheap juices with added sugars which is a negative, the concentrate will alleviate this and you dont need much of it if you need or want to avoid the sugars added because of the sour taste and of course they have to pack sugar in everything these days.

Allergies are also an issue, make sure you are not allergic, I know many people who have never heard of these cherries thus have never had them and have no clue about possible allergies. Then you have potential interactions with the same drugs that could interact with melatonin, considering there is more melatonin in montmorency cherries than any other cherry, some interactions include anticoagulants, anticonvulsants, diabetes meds, high blood pressure meds, Immunosuppressants, and caffeine. Most people are not drinking caffeine with their melatonin because they are trying to sleep, but remembering some things like tea have naturally occuring caffeine in it, it you drink tea to take your mealatonin the caffeine can block the bodies ability to absorb melatonin and lead to a build up melatonin. Supplements are not regulated like many meds and some have been found with added seratonin and a buildup of serotonin can lead to serotonin syndrome. All good things to look into before taking something like melatonin or drinking cherry juice which naturally contains it.

whatshappening

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
Something that is used to treat insomnia.

Anomaly89

Don't buy from me
Language
🇬🇧
Reaction score
Trazodone work too (25-50 mg)

Paracelsus

Addictionist
Reaction score
Trazodone is primarily an antidepressant, but it is also used as a sleep aid due to its sedative effects. Its true. But there are reasons why I did not mention it. In my opinion, this substance is better left for the second row, if the first row shows inefficiency. In some situations, there is no need to start with the most powerful one if the problem can be solved with something that has a softer and more targeted effect.

Trazodone increases serotonin availability by inhibiting its reuptake at synapses, allowing for more serotonin to be active in the brain. Additionally, it blocks certain serotonin receptors (5-HT2A and 5-HT2C), which is believed to help with mood improvement and anxiety reduction, while contributing to its sleep-inducing properties. Blocking these receptors may also reduce some of the side effects common to other serotonin-enhancing drugs, such as *****ual dysfunction or agitation.

Trazodone's sedative effects are primarily attributed to its action on histamine H1 receptors and alpha-1 adrenergic receptors. Blocking histamine receptors produces drowsiness, while blocking alpha-1 adrenergic receptors can lead to lower blood pressure and further sedation, making trazodone useful as a sleep aid for patients with insomnia.

It prescribed for insomnia, particularly in lower doses. At higher doses, its antidepressant effects are more pronounced, making it useful for treating anxiety disorders or even major depressive disorder.

prophet

See my products
Seller
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
Deals
There is another that falls into the same class as Trazadone and is sometimes prescribed by doctors off label for insomnia called Remeron or mirtazipine. It is quite strong as I understand but can definately put a person to sleep if nothing else has worked.

middlemaneu

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
I made a long comment about some non-common, non benzos sleep aid few months ago. Maybe you an find some interesting hints. See /threads/suggest-me-a-downer.10724/post-58614