My shake and bake experiments

marges

Don't buy from me
Language
🇬🇧
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am writing from Turkey, I came without watching Breaking Bad 😁 I have been following the forum for a long time. The more you look at it, the more complicated it becomes. I try to understand and produce by putting it into practice. I understand as I try 😁
Today I tried making a shake and bake with the ingredients I had, I think I got positive results. The ingredients I use
--------------------------------
my safety equipment
-latex gloves
-gas mask used in fire
-fire resistant suspender trousers and coat
-------------------------------------------------------
-ammonium nitrate fertilizer white powder
-1 dry cold medicine
- I used methyl alcohol and ethyl alcohol instead of camping fuel, I had these on hand
-lithium metal
-This
- drain cleaner powder

After bringing all the materials together, the reaction started very late, but it was not as I saw in the video, there was a slight heat.
I added drain cleaner from time to time and continued by adding some water. I shook it occasionally for a day. Then I filtered it through a coffee filter. A transparent yellow liquid emerged. Then I put sodium salt and acid in a pad and set up a mechanism with a hose. When I gave gas to the liquid, there was light smoke and no snow. I didn't give up hope when I saw a few crystals at the bottom. After filtering the liquid 3 times, I dried the filters and the liquid separately.
- I washed some of the liquid in the filter with acetone, the remaining pure white powder remained in the filter, and I dried it separately.
- I put the liquid in a tray without washing it with acetone and dried it separately, and the next day white powder appeared.
-I washed the gassed liquid with acetone and dried it on a separate filter, but the crystals disappeared.

Right now, I have a layer of white powder in the tray and white powder in the filter that I washed with acetone. Now I will investigate how to crystallize it in a simple form at home. I will write about the developments here again.

Additionally, I bought rim cleaning spray from the market and will try it instead of starting fluid. I wonder why it doesn't snow when I'm giving gas.

Osmosis Vanderwaal

Moderator in US section
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score
Deals
I'll speculate there's water in it. If you were successful at protonating the chemical, when it is the hcl,mitmpredipitates from nonpolar solvent but it's very soluble in water and just goes into the water instead of precipitating