Czech methamphetamine (aka pervitin) vs crystal meth

dnBQByvHb8Zkawbjpx

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
Traditional Czech methamphetamine, locally known as pervitin, is made from (pseudo)ephedrine using iodine and red phosphorus. I understand that the process does not change the chirality of the starting molecule and so it produces 100 % d-meth.

Crystal meth is advertised as also d-meth but it seems considerably weaker compared to the original Czech meth. I wonder why that is since it's supposed to be the same thing. Does anyone have any ideas to explain the gap?

Frit Buchner

Moderator in US section
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score
It's really simple. When you reduce ephedrine/pseudoephedrine, what is reduced is the first chiral carbon ( they have 2each) so, as long as you use 1R 2R ephedrine or 1S 2R pseudoephedrine you get R meth (the 1 is the first chiral carbon and is reduced). Most meth these days (clandestine) is made from P2P/pmk/BMK/ phenylacetone, which has both 2R and 2S in it, so unless you go through time consuming and expensive extra steps, crystal meth is D L (R/S) racemic meth and is 50% nasal decongestant

dnBQByvHb8Zkawbjpx

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
It's really simple. When you reduce ephedrine/pseudoephedrine, what is reduced is the first chiral carbon ( they have 2each) so, as long as you use 1R 2R ephedrine or 1S 2R pseudoephedrine you get R meth (the 1 is the first chiral carbon and is reduced). Most meth these days (clandestine) is made from P2P/pmk/BMK/ phenylacetone, which has both 2R and 2S in it, so unless you go through time consuming and expensive extra steps, crystal meth is D L (R/S) racemic meth and is 50% nasal decongestant
Frit BuchnerIt was my understanding that racemic does not crystalize and only more or less pure D and L variants do, which is why I expected crystal meth to be just d-meth (or possibly l-meth). Was this an incorrect assumption? The reason why racemic does not crystalize that I found is that the D and L isomers simply don't form a crystal structure due to being molecules of a different shape.

Crystal meth being actually racemic (unless extra steps were taken) would explain a lot of things.

Frit Buchner

Moderator in US section
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score
It was my understanding that racemic does not crystalize and only more or less pure D and L variants do, which is why I expected crystal meth to be just d-meth (or possibly l-meth). Was this an incorrect assumption? The reason why racemic does not crystalize that I found is that the D and L isomers simply don't form a crystal structure due to being molecules of a different shape.

Crystal meth being actually racemic (unless extra steps were taken) would explain a lot of things.
dnBQByvHb8ZkawbjpxYes it was an incorrect assumption. Racemic meth Crystallizes just fine and has a shape intermediate between long narrow shards of D and flat squarish shapes of L. I think a trained eye could reasonably estimate the entomeric excess by looking at the shape (I think I can)

Frit Buchner

Moderator in US section
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score
PZJ6YgHOFv
heres some L-meth that I identified on this board and the op confirmed he recrystallized the wrong rm. It probably shows the From the same batch further down https://bbgate.com/threads/recrystallization-problem.7247/#post-31029 clearnet link

Frit Buchner

Moderator in US section
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score
Atden5h3Y9

This is clearly D-meth sold by one of our European dealers and next I'll post some racemic meth that is the norm for us getting all the cartel meth in the US
Note that it is longer and skinnier than L but shorter and broader than D
Cz3FdtLb5y

amphmnamii

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Traditional Czech methamphetamine, locally known as pervitin, is made from (pseudo)ephedrine using iodine and red phosphorus. I understand that the process does not change the chirality of the starting molecule and so it produces 100 % d-meth.

Crystal meth is advertised as also d-meth but it seems considerably weaker compared to the original Czech meth. I wonder why that is since it's supposed to be the same thing. Does anyone have any ideas to explain the gap?
dnBQByvHb8ZkawbjpxOne quite important thing about Czech pervitin that uses toluene. On Czech streets you get by 90% wet stuff that contains toluene. This is doing "quick heat" effect on application. With crystal meth shards you feel "pinching" because of HCL. Czech pervitin also contains much unbalanced leftovers (manufacturers here don't give ***** about purity) .. such as iodine and sometimes acid from battery cells. (This can harm life!)
+It is also common you found "overheated brown shit" that can hold you up for long time...
Czech pervitin is not about purity, but anyways you can feel by enough speedy than 90%+ meth.
Pure meth is smooth. Pervitin is like sandpaper-sharp.

I have taken much kinds of meth. Czech shit is crazier and also much dangerous.

Czech drug addicts usually don't want pure crystals, because they don't feel fettle.
I just now have Crystal from Netherlands, buddies don't have enough...

• Free product samples

Testing products from new vendors and manufacturers.

Get free samples for testing now!

• Always stay in touch with BB forum. Element/Matrix.

Connect notifications to always stay in touch with the forum!

Connect